Weekly Wishes #4

Monday 2 September 2013


Its that time of the week again when the Blogging Community come together and link up to The Nectar Collective's Weekly Wishes!
This is were we all think of goals or wishes that we want to complete as well as meeting new people!

The Nectar Collective
- See more at: http://thenectarcollective.com/2013/09/weekly-wishes-15/#sthash.4Z5EhV8u.dpuf


So what was last week's Weekly Wish?: Let's Get Crafty!
Well this was an epic fail on my half and I'm annoyed that I did not accomplish anything crafty :( As I explained last week, I was doing a 40 hour cover on reception so I was extremely tired after work. 
The tiredness showed as I managed to Link up the wrong post in Weekly Wishes Link Up - Double Whammy Bex!
However, I did find this old trolley/table in our shed. 
I needed more storage space for my ever expanding shoe collection. A quick clean, sand down and a lick of paint and it fits well in my room. A very good find a d re-use of furniture!
So I'm very tempted to say that this was my crafty side.. hope you agree! 

Left; Before. Right; After. (Bramble loves the new height!)


What is this week's Weekly Wish?: Sort out endless amounts of receipts..
As boring as this sounds, this is also a great method of getting rid of the mountain of receipts in my drawer. Heard of a 'man drawer' ? The drawer that has bits of old shoelace, light bulbs, keys that have no use to you just stuffed in a drawer, never to see the daylight again?! I have one. Just full of receipts.
As I'm going back to University next week and cutting down on my hours as work, I need to become money concious again. I have a vague idea of just sorting them all out, input my spendings on a Excel sheet on my laptop and only keep the ones I think I need. Again boring for you guys, but major in use for me!

So what are your weekly wishes this week? Link up and I'll have a read, I may get inspired for a less boring wish next week!

11 comments:

  1. I hate receipts! They make me absolutely mad.
    I always take them and absent-mindedly throw them in my purse.

    Then regret it months later when I can't even find my keys in there.
    So dumb.

    Best of luck to you with your sorting and balancing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! The floor in my car and my bag are receipt clear, and I love it! X

      Delete
  2. Oh I can't stand sorting through receipts. Yuck. You should try out mint.com! It's totally free and so much easier to use. I've been using it for a couple years now. I love it. And I love your little table re-do! That totally counts as a crafty accomplishment!

    Oh by the way, I'm stopping by from the link up =]

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm slowly ploughing through the mound, but getting there. It's amazing how I've spent in 8months! X

      Delete
  3. Totally counts as a crafy makeover. Can you come to my house and do that with my garage? Ha-ha!

    There are a ton of apps that can keep track of your receipts for you. You just snap a pic of them and it saves them in your email for easy searching. OneReceipt is pretty popular and (hopefully still) free.

    Good luck with your goals chica

    KLP | SOS_Hair

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love re cycling furniture. Hoping I'll find more items to paint! I looked up for that app and may give it a go. It's great it's free as iTunes are always increasing their prices :( thank you for your recommendation. X

      Delete
  4. I love your new shoe storage that definitely counts as crafting.
    Good luck with sorting receipts. It isn't fun, but being balanced and organized always feels good! Hope you have a fantastic week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad everyone agrees that my mini project was crafty! Having a lovely week, hope you are as well. :) x

      Delete
  5. Hey, boring or not, sorting through your receipts is a good idea! Especially if you're going back to University... I totally feel you on having to be more money conscious now. Not enjoying it, haha! But good luck :)

    And, thank you for your sweet comment on my blog! I tried to reply to you via e-mail but your e-mail isn't linked to your account, so I couldn't - but so many people say C25k really works so I seriously need to get on that.. and you have such a long commute, oh my goodness!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. After seeing how much I've spent in 8 months, I am so tightening my belt! Eek! No worries about the comments. I always speak the truth and love your blog! No one has ever asked for my email but I will put it up for future ref.
    just incase it's beckybrown110@gmail.com :) x

    ReplyDelete
  7. There are apps to track your expenses if you are enough with receipts. Heh. I just started using Excel for expenses tracking! (I love Excel!) Haters gonna hate. ;)

    ReplyDelete